Greenwater - Shimano Calcutta B Reels
G. Loomis GreenWater Series Saltwater Rods are more than just great light saltwater fishing rods, they’re a fishing experience. The G. Loomis GreenWater core models feature G. Loomis’ proprietary "fiber blend” hybrid blank technology.
G. Loomis GreenWater Series Saltwater Rods are high performance rods designed to fish in shallow water where the fish come to eat. These marvelous rods are divided into two groups: the "standard" GreenWater rods (GWR) for fishing live or cut bait and the "magnum taper" GreenWater rods (GWMR) for fishing spoons, soft plastic jerkbaits and jigs. There are even a few models that are designed for bigger fish and deeper water. They're all light weight and feature Fuji Chrome Frame Alconite guides, premium “A” grade cork handles, Fuji through blank reel seats, and phenomenal sensitive and power. The G. Loomis Limited Lifetime Warranty is included with every rod. All are Made in the USA.
The Calcutta series of reels represents the core of Shimano's quality, versatility, dependability and long-term value. In sizes from the ultralight 50 to the 30# class 700, there's a Calcutta reel for almost any application, in fresh or saltwater. With Dartanium Drag, A-RB (Anti-Rust Bearings), and Super Stopper, the Calcutta will give you years of solid performance.
Calcutta B Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Round-Profile
- Models Offered: 6
- Key Feature: Cold Forge Aluminum Frame,Sideplates,Spool
- Ball Bearings: 3
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 9.5-16.5
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 23-28
Calcutta B Reel Features
- Super Stopper anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- VBS uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast. When turned on, the individual brake weights are forced outward at the beginning of the cast when backlashes most often occur, causing friction that reduces the speed of the spool. Once the spool speed begins to slow, the pressure with which the brake weights contact the raceway lessens, allowing the spool to continue spinning.
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- Metal Series is the metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels and now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
Starting at: $235.00
Starting at: $225.00