Ghost XL - Sage Specialty Fly Rods - Shimano Trinidad A Reels
Sage specialty Rods are unique rod families designed specifically for specialized fisheries and precise tactics.
ESN Fly Rods
Konnetic® - Medium Action
The Sage ESN Fly Rods series with Konnetic Technology makes for an extremely light rod, ideal for direct line nymphing using multiple, weighted flies fished under tension on light tippets – ultimate control in faster, choppy runs protected by rocks and structure.
Pike and Musky Fly Rods
Generation 5 - Fast Action
Sage has introduced two new fly rods targeted specifically at pike and musky fishing. Based on the fast action, powerful BASS II rods, the Pike and Musky rods come in a 9’ length to better handle heavy fly lines and wind-resistant flies to target these species.
Bass II Fly Rods
Graphite IIIe - Fast Action
Bass II rods have been upgraded for faster line speed to carry big, bulky flies straight to their target -everything from explosive smallmouth bass in their river lairs, to voracious snook and tarpon stealthily pulled from the mangroves on your kayak.
Trinidad is a name that resonates with all Saltwater Anglers. It has earned an impeccable reputation for power and reliability world wide. Our quest for the new Trinidad A was no easy task. Lighter, smaller and more compact were the key physical characteristics and they were accomplished. The performance goal was to build the best casting reel in this category. We shattered our targets and have built a reel for casting which all others will be measured by.
Trinidad A Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Star Drag
- Models Offered: 7
- Key Feature: HEG Gearing
- Ball Bearings: 9
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 17-25
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 38-46
Trinidad A Reel Features
- HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body stiffness and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler’s actions directly into cranking power. It’s efficiency through strength.
- Super Stopper anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- Super Free Spool was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With SF the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft.
- HEG consists of not only the gears, but also the frame, setplate, and handle-side sideplate. First we increased the size of the drive gear and the pinion gear to offer increased leverage and power. By using a one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and adding a one-piece stamped sideplate, we have eliminated flex in the drive train that causes gears to bind under pressure.
- X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- S A-RB These bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
Starting at: $98.99
Out of stock