Ghost XL - Sage Specialty Fly Rods - Shimano Baitrunner D Reels
Sage specialty Rods are unique rod families designed specifically for specialized fisheries and precise tactics.
ESN Fly Rods
Konnetic® - Medium Action
The Sage ESN Fly Rods series with Konnetic Technology makes for an extremely light rod, ideal for direct line nymphing using multiple, weighted flies fished under tension on light tippets – ultimate control in faster, choppy runs protected by rocks and structure.
Pike and Musky Fly Rods
Generation 5 - Fast Action
Sage has introduced two new fly rods targeted specifically at pike and musky fishing. Based on the fast action, powerful BASS II rods, the Pike and Musky rods come in a 9’ length to better handle heavy fly lines and wind-resistant flies to target these species.
Bass II Fly Rods
Graphite IIIe - Fast Action
Bass II rods have been upgraded for faster line speed to carry big, bulky flies straight to their target -everything from explosive smallmouth bass in their river lairs, to voracious snook and tarpon stealthily pulled from the mangroves on your kayak.
The new Baitrunner D gives you the confidence of a legendary drivetrain and auto-return Baitrunner feature as well as better castability, better line lay, less backlash, wind knots or tangles, less friction on the line, larger, more comfortable grips, a higher max drag as well as a wider range of Baitrunner settings than its predecessors.
Baitrunner D Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Saltwater
- Models Offered: 4
- Key Feature: Baitrunner system
- Ball Bearings: 4
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 15-25
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 28-37
Baitrunner D Reel Features
- Super Stopper II anti-reverse uses a one-way roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- S A-RB bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- Dyna-Balance eliminates wobble during the retrieve by counter balancing the rotor to enhance sensitivity and smoothness. By using computer balancing, an approach similar to car tire balancing, we are able to redistribute the rotor weight to create smooth rotation and eliminate vibrations.
- Fluidrive II features a large master gear polished using a wrapping process, increasing the efficiency of the retrieve.
- Varispeed alters the speed of the oscillation cam to provide a consistent spool speed. This results in an even line lay that provides excellent castability and manageability.
- Propulsion Line Management System contains a new Propulsion spool lip design. Through tens of thousands of casting tests and computer simulations it has been determined that this new spool lip design provides longer casting distances than a standard spool lip design while preventing backlashes and wind knots from forming.
Starting at: $98.99
Out of stock