Eliminator - G. Loomis Classic Mag Bass - Shimano Tranx Reels
G. Loomis Classic Mag Bass Casting Rods (MBR) are 6’6” and 7’ bass casting rods were developed for increased casting distance as well as deep-water applications. The term MAG came from their magnum tapers that generate a lot of power and provide excellent fish-fighting capability. Longer rear-cork grips help provide leverage and balance.
G. Loomis Classic Mag Bass Casting Rods are excellent for pitching or overhand casting and are unbelievably strong for such light weight rods. With three choices of materials these rods have found their way into a lot more than bass fishing. Great rods for most freshwater species as well as snook and redfish, these rods will never disappoint and always deliver as promised – and then some! A Limited Lifetime Warranty comes with every rod. All Made in the USA.
Shimano Tranx Reels feature a revolutionary design and shape that provides the comfort of low profile with the capacity of a conventional reel. X-Ship & HEG technologies combine to provide massive cranking power with a smooth effortless retrieve. Offered in high gear (HG) and power gear (PG) models to cover a wide range of applications.
Tranx Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Star Drag
- Models Offered: 2
- Key Feature: X-Ship, HEG
- Ball Bearings: 7
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 25
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 30-43
Tranx Reel Features
- Super Stopper anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- VBS uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast. When turned on, the individual brake weights are forced outward at the beginning of the cast when backlashes most often occur, causing friction that reduces the speed of the spool. Once the spool speed begins to slow, the pressure with which the brake weights contact the raceway lessens, allowing the spool to continue spinning.
- Super Free Spool was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With SF the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft.
- HEG consists of not only the gears, but also the frame, setplate, and handle-side sideplate. First we increased the size of the drive gear and the pinion gear to offer increased leverage and power. By using a one-piece frame that incorporates the setplate and adding a one-piece stamped sideplate, we have eliminated flex in the drive train that causes gears to bind under pressure.
- X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
- S A-RB These bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- Metal Series is the metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels and now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.