David Fritts - Shimano Zodias Fishing Rods - Shimano Cardiff A Reels
Zodias is built with the purpose to give you, the angler, a crisp and responsive rod that delivers incredible casting distance and accuracy. Utilizing our Shimano Hi-Power X construction, we are able to significantly reduce blank twist, allowing you to efficiently and easily transfer more energy through the rod. But we didn't stop with casting distance and accuracy. The crisp, lightweight blank delivers every tick and vibration down through the custom CI4+ reel seat. These rods are designed, developed and manufactured by Shimano to provide you with a versatile line up. Tested and punished on waters across North America, these rods definitely are not one trick ponies. They have proven to be the most versatile series Shimano has ever created, as each model is proficient across a wide range of techniques. If you are looking for a rod that delivers exceptional casting distance and accuracy across multiple techniques, then Zodias is the rod series for you.
Zodias Rod Specs
- Rod Family Type: Freshwater
- Models Offered: 6 Casting - 5 Spinning
- Key Feature: CI4 Reel Seat
- Construction: Hi-Power X
- Guides: Fuji Alconite with SIC Tip
Zodias Rod Features
- HI-POWER X CONSTRUCTION
- FUJI ALCONITE GUIDES WITH FUJI SIC TIP
- CI4 REEL SEAT
- EVA HANDLE GRIPS
What do you get when you design a reel with five silky-smooth A-RB bearings, a lightweight, diecast one-piece aluminum frame, Super Stopper anti-reverse and Shimano's VBS braking system? You get a reel you can depend on, day-in and day-out, that will perform beyond your expectations. That's the Cardiff.
Cardiff A Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Round-Profile
- Models Offered: 7
- Key Feature: A-RB Ball Bearings
- Ball Bearings: 4
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 10
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 22-24
Cardiff A Reel Features
- Super Stopper anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- VBS uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast. When turned on, the individual brake weights are forced outward at the beginning of the cast when backlashes most often occur, causing friction that reduces the speed of the spool. Once the spool speed begins to slow, the pressure with which the brake weights contact the raceway lessens, allowing the spool to continue spinning.
- ARB These stainless steel ball bearings are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
- Metal Series is the metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels and now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
Starting at: $109.99