David Fritts - Shimano Charter Special Reels - Sage 4600 Fly Reels
Shimano Charter Special Reels are lightweight, dependable leverdrag reels, with levelwind for line control.
Charter Special Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Lever Drag
- Models Offered: 2
- Key Feature: Level Wind
- Ball Bearings: 4
- Roller Bearings: 0
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 22-33
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 26
Charter Special Reel Features
- ARB These stainless steel ball bearings are specially treated to drastically increase the corrosion resistance of the bearing. These bearings will last at least 10 times longer than standard stainless steel ball bearings in high salinity environments.
Sage 4600 Fly Reels are large-arbor reels featuring a notably larger-diameter spool and arbor for faster line retrieval and consistently smooth drag.
The 4600 Fly Reels larger size contributes to added rigidity and strength which improves overall performance.
Sage 4600 Fly Reels are lightweight and streamlined, and offer a powerful 3:1 drag ratio that gives it the same performance as a traditional centered disc drag system in a smaller, lighter drag package.
The inner arbor is concave for greater line and backing capacity. In addition, this reel offers a broad palming rim for added control.
Sage 4600 Fly Reels Feature
- SCS drag design
- Large arbor for fast line pick up
- Fully machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity
- Hard anodized for surface protection and corrosion resistance
- Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Larger-diameter spool for extremely fast line retrieval
- Grooved frame for securing line when not casting
- One revolution drag knob with numbered and detented settings
- Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Ergonomic handle
- Neoprene and embroidered ballistic nylon reel case
- Colors: Storm, Stealth
Starting at: $109.99
Starting at: $139.99