David Fritts - Accudepth - Shimano Calcutta B Reels
The Calcutta series of reels represents the core of Shimano's quality, versatility, dependability and long-term value. In sizes from the ultralight 50 to the 30# class 700, there's a Calcutta reel for almost any application, in fresh or saltwater. With Dartanium Drag, A-RB (Anti-Rust Bearings), and Super Stopper, the Calcutta will give you years of solid performance.
Calcutta B Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Round-Profile
- Models Offered: 6
- Key Feature: Cold Forge Aluminum Frame,Sideplates,Spool
- Ball Bearings: 3
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 9.5-16.5
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 23-28
Calcutta B Reel Features
- Super Stopper anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- VBS uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast. When turned on, the individual brake weights are forced outward at the beginning of the cast when backlashes most often occur, causing friction that reduces the speed of the spool. Once the spool speed begins to slow, the pressure with which the brake weights contact the raceway lessens, allowing the spool to continue spinning.
- CF Aluminum Cold Forge Spool These spools provide increased strength and durability over diecast aluminum or graphite spools.
- Metal Series is the metal construction showcased in some of our finest reels and now appears throughout our line of Metal Series products. Metal frames not only keep moving parts in precise alignment, they also feature the use of the latest anodizing, plating and painting techniques for beautiful and durable finishes.
Starting at: $164.95
Out of stock
Starting at: $109.99