Sage Approach Fly Rods
Sage Approach Fly Rods feature excellent line feel and control in a medium fast action.
Now starting out won’t mean starting over because your rod can’t keep up with your burgeoning fly fishing skills.
Sage Approach Rods Utilize Graphite III technology (a higher modulus graphite than any of our previous entry level rods), giving the Approach a medium-fast action that provides excellent line feel and control.
Beginning casters can easily grow with a sage approach rod without ever feeling they’ve outgrown it.
And like all Sage rods, the Approach is made right here on Bainbridge Island, Washington, U.S.A.
Sage Approach Fly Rod Features
- Graphite III technology
- Medium-fast action
- Oyster Shell blank color
- Black primary wraps with Silver trim wraps
- Ceramic stripper guides
- Hard chrome snake guides and tip-top
- Freshwater 3-6 weights
- Ebony wood insert with anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Reverse half-wells cork handle
- Saltwater 7-9 weights
- Black anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Full-wells cork handle with fighting butt
- Sage Black/Platinum 2200 reel
- WF5F RIO Gold fly line
- Rugged Silver Gray nylon rod and reel case