Shimano Alderbaran Reels - Tatula Type-R - Super 8 Slick
Simply put, Aldebaran redefines the lightweight, compact low profile baitcasting reel category. Weighing in at a mere 4.7 ounces, Aldebaran delivers unmatched smoothness and precision with our S3D, SVS Infinity and new SilentTune technologies. While Aldebaran is light in weight, it is by no means a lightweight when it comes to durability in the most demanding fishing environments. This reel is equipped with our X-SHIP gearing system and is housed in an electro-coated magnesium frame allowing the reels to subdue bass in the heaviest cover - as well as redfish on the saltwater flats. Aldebaran excels at fishing jerkbaits, light crankbaits and a variety of finesse baits. If you desire the ultimate in lightweight and compact performance, look no further than the new for 2015 Aldebaran baitcasting reels.
Aldebaran Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Low-Profile
- Models Offered: 4
- Key Feature: SilentTune
- Ball Bearings: 9
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 10
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 25.5-29.1
Aldebaran Reel Features
- CI4+ anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- SVS Infinity Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- VBS uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast. When turned on, the individual brake weights are forced outward at the beginning of the cast when backlashes most often occur, causing friction that reduces the speed of the spool. Once the spool speed begins to slow, the pressure with which the brake weights contact the raceway lessens, allowing the spool to continue spinning.
- S A-RB These bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- Shimano Stable Spool Design (S3D) technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.
- X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
Power Pro Super 8 Slick Braided Line is a specially formulated 8 strand Spectra fiber fishing line braided under high tension to create a live surface that feels smooth as silk. What that means to you the fisherman is it casts like a bullet. Additional benefits of less friction are a reduction in noise when the line passes through guides, and decreased friction on the spool allowing for longer casts. Power Pro Super Slick Braided Line is available in 8 sizes (10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 50, 65, 80lb) and 4 colors (Hi-Vis Yellow, Marine Blue, Timber Brown, Aqua Green) to help you match your surroundings perfectly.
Power Pro Marine Blue
A unique high visibility line… Marine Blue is designed to allow the angler to clearly see their line on the surface of the water while providing stealth to the fish looking up from below.
Power Pro Aqua Green
Designed to blend into freshwater vegetation. Ideal for flipping, punching, ripping a crankbait through grass or throwing a frog. Anytime you are fishing in or around vegetation, this is your go to color.
Power Pro Timber Brown
The ideal color for fishing flooded timber, stumps, wood and brush piles. Also excellent for fishing muddy or stained water in or around rivers, inlets & deltas.
Power Pro HiVis Yellow
This color is designed for applications where a high visibility line is necessary. It is typical for anglers to use a short fluorocarbon leader with Hi-Vis lines, especially in clear waters.