Shimano Alderbaran Reels - Tatula Type-R - G. Loomis Salmon Rods
Simply put, Aldebaran redefines the lightweight, compact low profile baitcasting reel category. Weighing in at a mere 4.7 ounces, Aldebaran delivers unmatched smoothness and precision with our S3D, SVS Infinity and new SilentTune technologies. While Aldebaran is light in weight, it is by no means a lightweight when it comes to durability in the most demanding fishing environments. This reel is equipped with our X-SHIP gearing system and is housed in an electro-coated magnesium frame allowing the reels to subdue bass in the heaviest cover - as well as redfish on the saltwater flats. Aldebaran excels at fishing jerkbaits, light crankbaits and a variety of finesse baits. If you desire the ultimate in lightweight and compact performance, look no further than the new for 2015 Aldebaran baitcasting reels.
Aldebaran Reel Specs
- Reel Family Type: Low-Profile
- Models Offered: 4
- Key Feature: SilentTune
- Ball Bearings: 9
- Roller Bearings: 1
- Maximum Drag (Lb): 10
- Retrieve Per Crank Range (In): 25.5-29.1
Aldebaran Reel Features
- CI4+ anti-reverse uses a one-way stainless steel roller bearing that eliminates back-play. This provides the angler with instant hook setting power.
- SVS Infinity Shimano's newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force. With brake weights that use inner friction against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed for precision casting especially when using lighter lures. The external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits.
- VBS uses centrifugal force rather than magnets to aid in controlling the cast. When turned on, the individual brake weights are forced outward at the beginning of the cast when backlashes most often occur, causing friction that reduces the speed of the spool. Once the spool speed begins to slow, the pressure with which the brake weights contact the raceway lessens, allowing the spool to continue spinning.
- S A-RB These bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation.
- Shimano Stable Spool Design (S3D) technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures.
- X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts.
Mooching is a style of fishing done from a boat by slowly trolling or drifting with the wind or tide. You need a rod that is powerful to fight big fish, yet soft enough to fish the bait properly. The technique works in tidewater as well as the open ocean.
G. Loomis Salmon Rods feature a moderate action with a soft, yet sneaky powerful flex so the fish will hang on to the bait a little longer at which point you set the hook and hang on a lot longer! Our standard mooching rod is 9-feet long, but when you start putting out multiple rigs to make your run, longer rods allow you to spread out your lines and avoid tangles. You're going to get them anyway, the fish will see to that, but at least you'll feel more confident if you can keep things spread out a bit before the chaos starts.
Sensitivity isn't a priority for mooching since you use a rod holder, but G. Loomis Salmon Rods can be used for drift fishing in the rivers where sensitivity is important and especially when you need more power for deep, swift current and big fish. GL2 material allows us to make them light yet durable, a real bonus when things get hectic and you start yanking on some of those feisty silvers or a big king.